- Vocals (we can't say 'dabbled with' any more after 'Robot Man')
Instruments.. um.. dabbled with...
My being in the band is a lot more accident than design. I'm the
only one who joined the band with absolutely no musical skill at all.
When I met Phil, drums for Phoenix were electronically sequenced.
Mike said they needed a drummer, so that's why I started with the
drums. It was and remains fun, and requires only a certain adility to
feel the rhythm of a song rather than musical knowledge per se, which
since I don't have any is just as well!
Once it was impossible. Then it was very hard. Now it's fun!
What the rest of Phoenix thinks:
- Mike: Lissa's kinda.. I SAID LISSA'S KIN... LISSAAA!!???
<ahem>. Thank you. She's kinda loud. And purple.
- Annie: She makes rock drumming look EASY !! And it
ain't. Occasionally she sings at the same time. She says its easy.
I call it talent. Mondo. GREEN.
- Tim: Ahem..some of those cymbals look kind of familiar? but
then I also appreciate that you can NEVER have enough.(like
mushrooms, but noisier). No ...PURPLE.
- Anne: She makes wonderful chocolate fudge brownies and loves
Oreos. Also has the same appreciation of cats as me. Has four
limbs that work in coordination, which is two more than me.
- Phil: What can I say about Lissa - that won't cause me
grevious bodily harm? Chocolate fiend, cat fiend, purple fiend and
likes hitting things! Which is why I think I better stop here...
Back to the Phoenix home page.