Behringer FCB1010 POST/recalibration HOWTO
Some folks on uk.music.guitar have been experiencing problems with the
expression pedal range on new FCB1010's, in which one or both pedals do not transmit a full range of
controller values from 0-127 (0x00-0x7F).
This thread on Google details the problems, and also the
fix, posted by Behringer themselves to the newsgroup on Dec 11th
(and also available on this site). DO read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions: Behringer
support has been nothing but excellent in providing a resolution to this problem, which was for a while
the chief stumbling-block in the way of recommending the FCB1010 as a best-buy floor controller.
The original text is from Behringer support. 11th Dec 2001. I (Mike) have edited it a bit for clarity.
- Keep footswitches 1 and 3 pressed while switching on the unit (This bit you can't do standing up!).
Release the switches when the display blanks. The LEDs on the footswitches, the ones on the display and
each segment of the two numeric displays will turn on and off in sequence.
- Wait untill all footswitch LEDs are on. Depress all footswitches one at a time, including UP and DOWN, untill all LEDs are off.
- Wait untill relay switch test is finished. (There will be a couple of mechanical clicks, and the display will end up reading "F1" (at least, it did on mine)). [Also, if you have connected a MIDI cable between the MIDI in and out, the display will show "A1" before this, meaning the midi ports work correctly.]
- Press DOWN once.
- Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.
- Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.
- Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.
- Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.
- Select a patch which has both pedals set to their full range, and check the expression pedals now send 0-127 (0x00-0x7F)
Disclaimer: These instructions are posted in good faith as a service to the FCB1010 user community. I (and I suspect Behringer) accept no responsibility for you winding up with an unusable FCB1010 as a result of incorrectly applying these instructions.
Back to the FCB1010 home page.
by Mike Whitaker